News & Announcements
Friday, December 18, 2015
MCAEL Announces $12,900 in Mid-Year Grant Awards to Support Adult English Literacy in Montgomery County
ROCKVILLE, MD – December, 18 – MCAEL is issuing this one time, mid-year Request for Proposal to support Adult English Literacy Programs in Montgomery County. MCAEL has a limited amount of funding ($12,900) available with the following parameters:
- Funds are available to current MCAEL grantees
- Funds are available to meet one of the following identified priority areas:
- Offer new weekend classes
- Expand classes in Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, or Wheaton to expand offerings in high need areas where there is established infrastructure
- Address an identified barrier for learners. (i.e., child care)
- Programming to be funded should take place between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016.
Applications should be submitted by Friday January 8, 2016, 5 pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
It is anticipated that no more than 3 grants will be awarded, with the possibility that less than that will be awarded.
Applications should be no more than 2 pages and should include:
- Applying organizations name, contact name, contact information
- What priority need (see list above) is proposed to be met
- What outcomes are anticipated
- When the services will be provided
- Where they will be provided
- The requested amount of funding
- A proposed budget for the work contemplated
Proposals will be reviewed by MCAEL Staff and Grants Panel Members. Funding decisions will be made by January 22, 2016, and recipients will be notified via email to the contact person listed on the application.