News & Announcements
Friday, October 5, 2012
MCAEL Offering Stipends via Dr. Deborah Bhattacharyya Professional Development Award Fund
MCAEL will offer a few stipends for individuals to attend the WATESOL Fall Convention 2012 or other professional development events listed on MCAEL's event page through the Dr. Deborah Bhattacharyya Professional Development Award Fund. In order to apply, please answer the questions listed at the bottom of this posting and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Awards are limited and will be decided upon for the WATESOL event by October 10, 2012 (early registration ends October 12th). Awards will be reimbursements.
The Dr. Deborah Bhattacharyya Professional Development Award was established in honor of Debbie Bhattacharyya, MCAEL Program Manager from 2007-2009, who lost her battle to cancer on August 31st, 2009. The Award has been created in recognition of Debbie’s legacy in advancing the work of MCAEL and the cause of adult English literacy in Montgomery County. In recognition of Debbie’s commitment to supporting the local professional community, the Award is designed to primarily support stipends for instructors, trainers and instructional staff to (1) attend professional conferences, workshops, events or meetings, and (2) to incentivize instructors to bring back and disseminate the knowledge and promising practices gained back to their peers and organizations.
To apply, please submit a short paragraph that addresses the following:
1. Which Montgomery County ESOL Program do you volunteer/work for?
2. What is your role with this organization?
3. How would attendance at this conference or event further your professional development/ assist you in better performing in your role?
4. How would attendance at this event benefit your class, program, organization and/or the local adult ESOL community?
5. Why do you need this scholarship?